The Quay Railway Station, Barnstaple which was renamed Barnstaple Town in July 1886. On 16 May 1898, it was closed and replaced by a new station located a short distance further on towards Ilfracombe which was also called Barnstaple Town.
(our thanks to Chris Osment for this corrected information)
All eyes are on the photographer not the train about to arrive! (far right on the raised line - look for the steam )