This school, run by Henry C Bright took day pupils and boarders. The 1881 Census shows a listing of 14 boarders. The Head was assisted by one live-in assistant master and a matron. Henry was 40 in 1881 and the establishment was presided over by his elderly mother.
A contemporary advert explains that both a Classical and an English education are available, with particular emphasis within the latter for training in commercial or agricultural pursuits. French, mathematics, Book-Keeping and Land Surveying could be studied at the school while the Classical option embraced Latin and Greek.