^ Home
< Back
? Search
Print this page

 

Architecture

Census

Devon County

Devonshire Rgt.

Directory Listings

Education

Genealogy

History

Industry

Parish Records

People

Places

Transportation

War Memorials

A HISTORY OF THE BAPTISTS OF KILMINGTON

 

A large thatched building surrounded by gravestones, set into a hillside which slopes down towards green fields
Loughwood Meeting House

 

Loughwood Meeting House, now in the care of the National Trust, is an historic building dating from the 17th century, built into the hills outside Kilmington by the Baptists at a time of religious persecution. It has a website of its own and you can find details of opening times on its page:

www.nationaltrust.org.uk/loughwood-meeting-house

 

The Baptists in the area still use the Meeting House on occasions and have written a history of the non-conformist church in Kilmington. Dalwood - the parish in which it stands - was part of Dorset until 1842.

 

To read the history of Loughwood Meeting House, go to

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loughwood_Meeting_House

 

 

 

 
 
^ Home
< Back
? Search
Print this page