^ Home
< Back
? Search
Print this page

 

Architecture

Census

Devon County

Devonshire Rgt.

Directory Listings

Education

Genealogy

History

Industry

Parish Records

People

Places

Transportation

War Memorials

WEMBURY IN EYRES POST OFFICE DIRECTORY OF 1890

 

Wembury is a village and a parish 5½ miles south east from Plymouth, in Plympton St, Mary Union, in the deanery and hundred of Plympton, archdeaconry of Totnes, diocese of Exeter, on the seacoast of South Devonshire. overlooking Plymouth Sound. The church, dedicated to St. Werburgh, is a small edifice, containing nave and aisle. The living is a vicarage, in the gift of the dean and canons of Windsor. The population in 1881 was 551.

Post Office:

Alfred Perrins, postmaster. Letters arrive at 7.40 am and 5.20 pm; despatched at 4.0pm. Sundays 6.40 pm.

 

PRIVATE RESIDENTS

Burgess, Rev. C, Vicar

Cory, Richard JP, Langdon Court

Rodney, Frederick, Bovisand House

 

COMMERCIAL

Beer, William, farmer, Wembury Mill and Farm

Cane, Daniel, assistant overseer & churchwarden

Cannon, Frederick, farmer, Old Barton

Coleman, John, blacksmith, Knighton

Coleman, Nicholas, Jubilee Inn, Knighton

Giles, Herbert, farmer, Page's Farm

Lang, Francis, farmer, Traine

Nelder, Arthur, farmer

Pearse, Harold, farmer, Langdon Barton

Perrin, Alfred, postmaster & painter

Pote, Robert, boot & shoe maker, Knighton

Pursley, William, farmer, West Wembury

Spurrell, William, farmer, New Barton

Stevens, John, farmer, Prinns Farm

Symons, J, blacksmith, Down Thomas

Tolchard, Elias, wheelwright, Down Thomas

Williams, Richard, farmer, Gabber Farm

Wilson, James, farmer

 

 
 
^ Home
< Back
? Search
Print this page